Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class

If you are the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,  your spouse or common-law partner can sponsor you to immigrate to Canada.

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor the following to immigrate to Canada:

  • spouse,
  • common-law
  • dependent children

Before being able to apply to sponsor your spouse, your must be able to prove that you are able to meet the basic needs for yourself and your family.  This includes needs such as food and clothing.