Family Sponsorships

Members of the Family Class

For individuals who have family they would like to re-unite with their close family members in Canada the Members of the Family Class is the perfect stream to obtain permanent residency.

Only a family member who is either; currently a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, can sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada.

This application can be used to sponsor:

  • Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age, and not married or in a common-law relationship.
  • Child adopted outside of Canada or a child who will be adopted in Canada

Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

If you are the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,  your spouse or common-law partner can sponsor you to immigrate to Canada.

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor the following to immigrate to Canada:

  • spouse,
  • common-law
  • dependent children

Before being able to apply to sponsor your spouse, your must be able to prove that you are able to meet the basic needs for yourself and your family.  This includes needs such as food and clothing.


When going through the adoption process with a child abroad, there are two separate processes to navigate though

First is the adoption process and then comes the immigration process.  When beginning the immigration process, you must first apply for sponsorship of the child, and then after that, you are able to apply for permanent residence for the child.  You can immediately apply for citizenship upon the child’s arrival in Canada so long as, the adoption process has been finalized.